Simple way to create bootable macOS 10.15 Catalina installer
Applet just release macOS 10.15 Catalina, although I can upgrade OS, but I love to clean install macOS. It's good time to clear junk file or application that I no need. Basically you can use command line to make an USB bootable, but it's not easy for user level. Here is simple way to make a USB bootable without any command line.
- Open App store
- Fine out "macos catalina"
- Click at "Get" button to download
After downloaded, you should see above screen. leave it.
Download macdaddy's Install Disk Creator
I use the application to create USB bootable. Easy to use, just download from https://macdaddy.io/install-disk-creator/. After download, open the apps you should see screen as below.
Easy to use, just
- Attach your USB to MacOS then choose USB as volume disk target
- Choose a Mac Installer. Normally the software should auto select if you have download Catalina
- Make sure you have no any important data in USB. It's will erase anything.
- Click "Create Installer"
It will copy file around 9.1 GB to USB. Just wait until finish, you should see successful screen. Let's clean install :)